1. Prepare the Ultimaker 2
- Manually raise the bed of the printer.
- Flip the Ultimaker 2 on its side and remove the two screws highlighted in Figure 1 and the cover to expose the electronics.
2. Prepare The Discov3ry
- For this step you will need a 2.5mm connector housing such as this one from Digi-Key displayed in Figure 2. Crimp Discov3ry wires. A tutorial on crimping can be found here.
- Insert them into the connector housing in the following order: Left to right - Black, Green, Red, Blue
** If you're in a hurry and do not have a connector, you can bypass this step by splicing into the existing wiring directly. Cut and strip wires from existing plastic extruder. Match together Discov3ry and Ultimaker 2 wires. Twist and cover with electric tape.
3. Plug in the discov3ry
- Plug the connector housing into the Extruder Port 1 highlighted in Figure 3
- Return enclosure and screws
4. Mount the tube and tip
Locate the secondary extruder mount. The hole size is perfect for the Discov3ry nozzle; all you need to do is add a little bit of tape around the luer lock to make it fit snugly.
For samples of G-Code to use with the Ultimaker 2 visit the dedicated thread on our forum