For the new adopters of the Discov3ry
Now that you have received your paste extruder, you are likely working on integrating it with your 3D printer. Thanks to a couple dedicated individuals we have already received tutorials for the Ultimaker and the Printrbot Metal. Considering there are over 100 printers on the market, crowd-sourcing this information will save us all time.
The following is a template for an integration tutorial that we encourage you to use. The steps outlined here should cover most of the frequently asked questions about the process. Notice the steps that require an image are marked with an [Img] tag.
If you decide to complete one please post in under the 'printers' category in the forum.
Wiring the Discov3ry
- [Img] Where to access the electronics board containing the extruder motor driver(s).
- Connector, cable, or wiring steps necessary for integration to electronics board.
- Wiring schematic. What are the matching colour wiring pairs for the Discov3ry stepper motor compared to your printer? (Black, Green, Blue, Red pair with what?
- [Img] The exact location of the connection for the extruder motor driver.
Please note all extra steps for wiring here if the integration for your 3D printer is more involved.
Describe any firmware changes necessary for the integration process. This could include settings like disabling the cold extrusion code, adjusting the EEPROM settings for the Discov3ry (typically ~10-100x default settings), hard coding XYZ offsets for a new nozzle, etc.
Mounting the Discov3ry tip
- [Img] The mounting system you have utilized (link to .stl file if applicable)
- Other hardware needed in the mounting process (Links to McMasterCarr are golden)
- [Img] How to install the mount on the 3D printer (Include Tools required)
- [Img] How to attach Discov3ry tip to the mount. (Is it adjustable? Any other special features that should be known?)
What are the ideal slicer parameters that you have found for a specific material? Layer height, speed, infill, etc. Please share a configuration file that you have successfully utilized, preferably using the slicer that is applicable to your 3D printer.
- [Img Gallery] Successful prints – test prints or otherwise.
- [Img] Printer and Discov3ry integrated together